Sunday, January 3, 2010

2012 To Buy Or Not To Buy The Hype, What Year is it Anyway?



Stained Glass Dubai

There was the most Beautiful Sunset Today here in Beautiful Bahrain,

Hello Jazzlovers,

I am from Louisiana, so I am no stranger to the seen and the unseen, the known and the unknown,the believable and the unbelievable, we have a serious reputation for that. And being a possible desendant on Marie Laveaux makes me no different from anyone else in Louisiana. All of this to say I am not a stanger to the paranormal,but I am just a little shocked by the hype being given the world distruction in 2012!Has everyone forgotten the hype of Y2K??? Think about it jazzlovers.....But I also know people believe what they want to believe...But the truth is we have no idea of what year this is!! Everyone on this earth is not on the Georian Calendar or a 12 month year. So if September is the 7th month and October is the 8th month, and November is the 9th month, that would make December the 10th month, what year is this and where did we get the extra 2 monhts? Trivia what are the added months???( of course i am going to tell you).

http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/calendar-roman.html

There was a time that March was the 1st month and December the 10th month,  The months bore the names Martius, Aprilis, Maius, Juniius, Quintilis, Sextilis, September, October, November, and December–the last six names correspond to the Latin words for the numbers 5 through 10. The Roman ruler Numa Pompilius is credited with adding January at the beginning and February at the end of the calendar to create the 12-month year. In 452 B.C.E., February was moved between January and March. The Julian Calendar began in  46 B.C.E., when Julius Caesar initiated a thorough reform that resulted in the establishment of a new dating system, the Julian calendar which changed and added July in his own honor... Augustus Caesar clarified and completed the calendar reform of Julius Caesar. In the process, he also renamed the month of Sextilis to August after himself.I think you Jazlovers get my point! 2012 may just not be 2012 or doomsday because the whole world is not on a 12 month Calendar or in the year 2010, Where I live the year is 1431...

http://www.crowl.org/Lawrence/time/months.html

I really don't understand all the hype, if you remember all the Art Bell hype that sold radio's and emergency lights and how people stocked up on supplies without thinking about it, makes me very sceptical...I remember the facility I worked for wanting to pay staff $300.00 to be on call, when I pointed out that Y2K would hit Australia  24 hours before us and would give time for action if needed as it was planned , I was looked at like I had lost my mind!!!! and the staff was very happy on payday!

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/091105-2021-doomsday.html

The truth is Jazzlovers none of us know the Master Plan for us, and no man knows the end and we should live everyday as maybe the last,treat others right . I am more worried about these idiots with their hands on buttons than I am about 2012, because I really don't know what year or month it really is!! ( Just had to say it) Being from Louisiana has given me a very healthy belief system as well as a very heavy dose of skepticism about things seen and unseen and that tells me something is happening on this earth but is is not because of the end of the mayan calendar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5tSulnzXo&feature=related

Well Jazz lovers until next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCun9Qgtno&feature=related
 
Keep the beat..

DWJazzlover

Happy New Year...






 

4 comments:

  1. In Thailand, as you will indeed know D.
    It is 2355, judging from that, not one of us should ever have even been born if we are to believe the "end of the world" guff!
    I believe George Orwell also predicted this end back in the early '70's.
    I'll just mosey along and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on that, I stick around too..I had forgotten about Thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Prophet Muhammed (SAW) said,"Only Allah knows the hour." With that said, why panic over what we can not control? In the words of Public Enemy..."Don't believe the hype!"

    Tc,
    Nia B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in TIME..there is a season..reason..for ALL things. It brings us back to TIME. When was TIME created. This takes me to the next logical words..END OF TIME..we know NOT the beginning of time therefore how can we possible know the END! You are heavy and I appreciate the TIME you took to approach the subject with written history..Thanks for the TIME...as always
    Stell

    ReplyDelete